This policy describes how we collect, use, share and protect information provided to us by people visiting the website trupowerdata.com (“Website”) or interacting with our applications accessible through the website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. “Company,” “we,” “us,” “our” and “Tru Power Data” refers collectively to Tru Power Data LLC, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Application of Policy
This policy applies to information we collect:
• on this Website and the associated Services you access via our Website (as defined in our Terms of Service), which are hereby incorporated by reference;
• in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and Company; and
• through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
• when you submit your information to a third-party that utilizes our Services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
• any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information”);
• that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
We collect this information:
• directly from you when you provide it to us;
• automatically as you navigate through the Website; and/or
• from third parties—for example, our business partners and third-party’s using our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
• Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
• Speed up your searches; and/or
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you;
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
• To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may use aggregated data at our discretion.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• To protect the integrity of the Website;
• To enforce or apply our Terms of Service, available at https://trupowerdata.com/terms/, or terms of sale and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
This website is directed toward and designed for use only by persons aged 18 or older. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we discover that we obtained personally identifiable information from an individual who indicates that he or she is (or who we know to be) under the age of 18, we will delete such information from our systems.
Your California Privacy Rights
In accordance with the CCPA, California residents have the right to request that we disclose the following information about our collection and use of “Personal Information,” over the twelve months prior to your requests:
• The categories of Personal Information we collect about you;
• The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collect about you;
• Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information; and
• The specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
In the prior twelve months, we have not sold any Personal Information for a business purpose.
You also have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information. In some circumstances we may not be able to honor your request for deletion – for example, if we need to hold on to your information to protect the security or functionality of our operations, to service your account, or to comply with legal obligations.
To ask for a record of the information we hold about you, or to ask us to delete your information, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must provide enough information that we can verify who you are and that you are a California resident. We will only use Personal Information provided in a request to verify the requester’s identity and authority to make the request.
We do not share or sell your Personal Information to other third parties.
We will not deny services, charge different prices, offer a different quality of service or otherwise discriminate against your for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
We implement reasonable security measures to protect the security of your information both online and offline, and we are committed to the protection of customer information. For user accounts registered directly with us, profile information is protected by the password each member uses to access their online account. It is important that you protect and maintain the security of your account and that you immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account. When you sign into your account or enter payment information (such as a credit card number for purchasing items), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (“SSL”).
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our Website and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe (including your account password), and to log out of your account after use.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is being transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we have procedures and security features in place to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Last modified: 9/4/2021